- Introduction - summary of why a series of posts describing a digitization of oceans reference architecture.
- What is a reference architecture? - summary of the existing online descriptions of reference architecture and why it is important to building a strong technology ecosystem.
- A plethora of end points - with new Internet of Things (IoT) end points coming available with increasing frequency we look to how an oceans reference architecture would facilitate adoption, inter-operability, and innovation.
- Communications - description of the current state of data communications above and below the oceans surface. And why it matters to the reference architecture.
- What is the digitization of oceans? - a high level description of the digitization of oceans. This will detail the breadth and depth of what is considered the digitization of oceans. This description should also consider the intersection of the different ecosystems of; business, innovation, and knowledge.
- What is a digitization of oceans reference architecture? - comprehensive diagram of the entities within the oceans reference architecture with detailed description of each item and their connections (digital or otherwise).
- The economic value to be found in the oceans reference architecture - why is a reference architecture valuable for community, business, innovation, etc. And why Atlantic Canada should be a major contributor or primary steward of the reference architecture.
- How to create the digitization of oceans reference architecture - what is the road map in completing the first release of a digitization of oceans reference architecture. I purposely say first release as this reference architecture will need constant tending as new technologies and capabilities come available.
Disclaimer - All views expressed on this site are my own and do not represent the opinions of any entity whatsoever with which I have been, am now, or will be affiliated. They are views created by my many years as an IT professional and, more importantly, an enterprise architect responsible for building large and distributed systems.