- IASA - An association for all IT Architects
- OpenGroup - Vendor neutral IT standards and certifications
- AEA - Association of Enterprise Architects
- EACOE - Enterprise Architecture Centre of Excellence
- FEAC - Training and Certification Institution for Enterprise Architects
- ISC - Vendor-neutral education products, career services, and Gold Standard credentials to professionals.
- CIPS - Canada's association of Information Technology (IT) professionals
- BAG - Business Architecture Guild
I believe any of these have valuable resources that could support, and be useful to, the ACAITA membership. I believe the IASA provides the broadest view into architecture, where the other organizations are more focused on an area of architecture, such as; security, business, the enterprise, or IT in general.
I recommend the ACAITA aligns itself with two or three of these groups / associations as determined by the resources they can make available toward growing the architectural capabilities of Atlantic Canadians. To start, I believe a few of us should consider becoming full members of the IASA Canada chapter with the intention to form the Atlantic Canada chapter. I also recommend we align ourselves with one or two of the training and certification groups... I believe this can wait until we have our association alignment.