Monday, March 14, 2011

twinkle twinkle little star

I'm still waiting for my pipe, thinking it will be here this week. So, my first task is going to be learning the scales then quickly move into learning a fairly simple tune.


It has also been suggested "twinkle twinkle little star" is easy to learn and has a simple beat so I can easily integrate the tabor. First step is to map the pipe fingering chart to the music. This should be straight forward. My ability to read sheet music is almost non-existent so my learning curve is going to include a many corners. All fun!

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - Music and Lyrics 


Fingering and Notes (with blow strength) for the Pipe


Location of notes of the staff



Also found a great website with blank sheet music. Going to print out the 6-stave (large for elementary school use), just about my speed I suppose; http://people.virginia.edu/~pdr4h/musicpaper/widerule.pdf

Cumulative commitment: 2.5 hours
  • 1.5 hour reading
  • 1 hour blogging (refecting upon)