1. Learning plan to develop research skills;
- Readings - read two books on research methods. One on educational research methods and the other on big data computational research methods. The two books could be;
- OER - seek out an open educational resource focused on research methods. Review these two Open Courseware's from MIT;
- Identify and Review - Identify a number of research projects similar to the one I am intending, and do an in-depth review of approaches, analysis methods, etc...
- Volunteer - as a research assistant on a similar research project as my current thesis project.
This will be completed as I finish the first task of developing my research skills.
3. Commitment to ethical boundaries within my research;
This will also be developed as I complete the first task in developing my research skills. And by working through all the modules found in the research ethics site created by elsevier; http://ethics.elsevier.com/index.asp